Last updated October 04, 2021
Thank you for choosing to be part of our community at Budibase (“company”, “we”, “us”, or “our”). We are committed to protecting your personal information and your right to privacy. If you have any questions or concerns about our policy, or our practices with regards to your personal information, please contact us at email@example.com .
Budibase Data Protection Officer firstname.lastname@example.org 24 Hill Street Belfast BT1 2LB
What personal data we use
Budibase collects data to operate effectively and provide our Services to you.
- Data provided by You directly: You provide some of this data directly, like when you create a Budibase account in our cloud platform, subscribe to blog updates, administer your organization’s licensing account, register for a Budibase event.
- Usage data collected automatically: We also get some information by recording how You interact with Our products by, for example, using technologies like cookies and receiving usage data from the Budibase platform used by You.
- Additional data from third parties: We also obtain data from third parties to whom You’ve provided your information and you’ve given Your consent to be transferred to Us. We protect data obtained from third parties according to the practices described in this statement, plus any additional restrictions imposed by the source of the data. These third-party sources may include: data brokers from which we purchase data to supplement the data we collect; service providers that help us determine a location based on your IP address in order to customize certain products to your location; and Budibase Partners with which we engage in joint marketing and sales activities.
When you are asked to provide personal data, you may decline. However, if you choose not to provide data that is necessary for us to provide Services, you may not be able to use those Services.
The data We collect depends on the consent You’ve provided and on the context of your interactions with Budibase, the choices you make, including your privacy settings, and the Services you use. The data we collect can include the following:
- Name and contact data. We collect your first and last name, email address, phone number, company and position, and other similar contact data.
- Credentials. We collect passwords, password hints, and similar security information used for authentication and account access to our Services.
- Usage data. We collect data about your device and how you and your device interact with Budibase and our Services.
- Location data. For products with location-enhanced features, we collect data about your location, such as a location derived from your IP address or data that indicates where you are located with less precision, such as at a city or postal code level.
We also collect information You provide to Us when You contact Us about the Services and the content of messages You send to Us, such as requested feedback and product reviews You write, or questions and information You provide for customer support. When you contact Us, such as for customer support, phone conversations, or chat sessions with Our representatives may be monitored and recorded.
Budibase may also receive information about You from other sources, including third parties from whom We have purchased data, and combine this information with information We already have about You. This helps us to update, expand, and analyze our records, identify new customers, and create more tailored content to provide Services that may be of interest to You.
Why we collect your personal data
- Processing Your order: We use the relevant personal information described above to process and deliver Your order, and to notify You of the status of your order.
- To provide customer support: If You contact our customer service (or vice versa), We will use personal information such as Your order information and contact history to process Your request and provide You with the best service possible. We will process Your personal information in this way if it is necessary for the performance of a contract with Us or if it is required for Us to comply with any legal obligations. If it is not necessary to process Your personal data for either of these reasons, We will process it as it is necessary for the purposes of our legitimate interests in ensuring We can provide the best service possible.
- To provide information of our events via our APPs.
- Marketing: When you sign up to receive Budibase emails, create a Budibase single sign on, order or provide feedback on a Service, register for a Budibase event or use our website, we will use your personal information to create a profile based on the information we hold about you. This is necessary for the purposes of our legitimate interests in ensuring we have accurate information about you in one place.
- Conducting analytics: We will use the personal information we hold about you (as well as pseudonymized or anonymized information generated from your personal information) to carry out analysis and research. We carry out all such analysis and research on the basis that it is necessary for the purposes of our legitimate interests in understanding our customers and ensuring that our products meet the needs of our customers.
- Analyzing our business: We will use your personal information (including by anonymizing and aggregating it with other customers’ personal information) for sales, supply chain, and financial analysis purposes, to determine how We are performing, and where improvements can be made and where necessary to report back to our parent or affiliate group companies. This is necessary for the purposes of our legitimate interests in understanding how our business is performing, and considering how to improve our performance.
- To manage your registration in a Budibase event: we will use your personal information to manage your registration in a Budibase event (virtual or live). The personal information you provide when registering in an event may also be used for Budibase’ marketing purposes.
With whom do we share personal data
Except as set out below, we do not sell, trade, or otherwise transfer to outside parties your Personal Information.
- We may share your Personal Information with other companies owned by or under common ownership as Budibase, which also includes our subsidiaries (i.e., any organization we own or control).
- We may disclose your Personal Information to third-party service providers (for example, payment processing and data storage and processing facilities) that we use to provide the Services.
- We limit the Personal Information provided to these service providers to that which is reasonably necessary for them to perform their functions, and we require them to agree to maintain the confidentiality of such Personal Information.
- We may contract with third-party service providers to assist us in better understanding our Site visitors.
- These service providers are not permitted to use the information collected on our behalf except to help us conduct and improve our business.
- We may also release your Personal Information when we believe release is appropriate to comply with the law, enforce our site policies, or protect our or others’ rights, property, or safety.
- In particular, we may release your Personal Information to third parties as required to (i) satisfy any applicable law, regulation, subpoena/court order, legal process or other government request, (ii) enforce our Terms of Service, including the investigation of potential violations thereof, (iii) investigate and defend ourselves against any third party claims or allegations, (iv) protect against harm to the rights, property or safety of Budibase, its users or the public as required or permitted by law and (v) detect, prevent or otherwise address criminal (including fraud or stalking), security or technical issues.
- If you enable a public sharing of your Budibase applications, any information or content that you voluntarily disclose in your application becomes available to the public. If you remove information that you posted to the Services, copies may remain viewable in cached and archived pages of the Service, or if other users of the Services have copied or saved that information.
- In the event that we enter into, or intend to enter into, a transaction that alters the structure of our business, such as a merger, reorganization, joint venture, assignment, sale, or change of ownership, we may share Personal Information for the purpose of facilitating and completing the transaction.
We retain your Personal Information for as long as we need to fulfill our Services. In addition, we retain Personal Information after we cease providing Services to you, to the extent necessary to comply with our legal obligations. Where we retain data, we do so in accordance with any limitation periods and records retention obligations that are imposed by applicable law.
Other rights you have include the rights to:
- Ask for a copy of your Personal Information
- Ask us to correct your Personal Information that is inaccurate, incomplete, or outdated
- Ask us to transfer your Personal Information to other organizations.
- Ask us to erase certain categories or types of information
- If you choose to remove your Personal Information, you acknowledge that we may retain archived copies of your Personal Information in order to satisfy our legal obligations, or where we reasonably believe that we have a legitimate reason to do so.
- Ask us to restrict certain processing
- You have the right to object to processing of Personal Information. Where we have asked for your consent to process information, you have the right to withdraw this consent at any time.
Withdrawl of Consent
All of our marketing communications contain an easy way to opt out from receiving future messages, such as a link through which you can unsubscribe. If you would like to opt out of receiving Budibase marketing messages you may use the unsubscribe link contained in the messages you have received, or alternatively, you can contact our Data Protection Officer by E-mail.
Note that if you choose to opt-out of receiving marketing messages in the manner explained above, we will continue to process your personal information, in particular, to allow us to understand your interests and preferences, but we will stop using your personal information to send you personalized or non-personalized marketing messages. If you would like us to stop such processing in part or in full, we have explained how to do this in the above paragraph.
Automated Decision Making
We may automatically send you personalized marketing messages based on your contact information and/or platform usage.
International transfer of Personal Data
We may transfer Your data to one of the Budibase databases outside Your country of domicile, potentially including countries that may not require an adequate level of protection for your personal data compared with that provided in your country.
We ensure there are adequate safeguards in place when transferring Your data outside Your country and the EU, including by relying on Model Clauses, or other lawful mechanisms or otherwise that the transfer only occurs where permitted by applicable law, with the aim of ensuring that your privacy rights continue to be protected as outlined in this Statement
If you have any questions, comments or requests regarding this Statement or Our processing of your information, please contact:
Budibase Data Protection Officer 46 Hill Street Belfast BT1 2LG