The Budibase team is excited to introduce updates to our pricing plans that will go live on the 28th of November, 2023.
Here’s a quick summary of what will change:
- Instead of charging the same per-user fee for all users, we will price differently for users who create apps (app creators) and those who use apps (app users). This breakdown in pricing will allow us to offer a reduced per-user fee.
- The self-hosted Free plan, which will replace the Community plan, will be limited to 20 users.
- We will have three pricing plans. The Business plan will no longer exist. Each new plan will be available to Budibase Cloud and Self-hosted users.
- Current customers on a monthly contract may remain on their current plans until the 31st of March, 2024. Customers on an annual contract may stay on their current plans until their contract ends.
- We will introduce volume-based discounts to the Enterprise plan to help us better serve different use cases and user types.
The new model
Over the past five months, we’ve talked with customers and users to determine how best to correlate our pricing with the value of Budibase. Consistently, customers and users told us that per-user pricing was not scalable and the value experienced by app creators was disproportionate to the value experienced by app users. We hope you agree the new model (see image below) is more straightforward, scalable and aligns better with the different levels of value Budibase provides.
What happens to new Budibase users after the pricing update?
New users who sign up for Budibase after the 28th of November, 2023, will be on the new pricing.
Do you offer discounts to non-profits
We are happy to offer a 20% discount to non-profits across all paid plans. To get a quote specific to your use case, please get in touch with our sales team .
I already have a Budibase account. What’s changing for me?
If you created a Budibase account before the 28th of November, 2023, and have updated to the latest version of Budibase, here’s what has changed for you, broken down by plan type:
Free and Community plans:
Limits have changed:
- Your plan is now named “Free Plan.”
- The Free plan will continue to be free of charge.
- You can add up to a combined total of 5 users (admins, app creators, app users) when hosting with Budibase Cloud.
- If you self-host the Free plan, you can add up to 20 users (admins, app creators, app users).
- Uniquely, we will continue to offer SSO, multiplayer collaboration, RBAC, embeds, and more for free.
Your pricing has changed, and limits have increased.
- The Premium plan will remain and is now available to self-hosted users. It will be priced as follows:
- $50 per creator and $5 per app user (paying annually)
- $60 per creator and $6 per app user (paying monthly)
- If you pay monthly, you can upgrade or remain on your current plan. On the 1st of April 2024, if you are still on the legacy Premium plan, we will move you to the new Premium Plan. If you pay annually, you will be transferred to the new Premium plan when your contract ends.
- For Premium plan customers hosting with Budibase Cloud, we’ve increased the internal database record limit to 25,000 and automation run limit to 5,000 - not applicable to Premium plan customers self-hosting. We’ve also increased the duration of backups and automation logs on the Premium plan (Cloud and Self-hosted) from 1 week to 1 month.
- The Premium plan will now include email support.
- The Premium plan will have Synchronous Automations.
We will remove the Business plan. Current Business customers may remain on the legacy Business plan until the 31st of March 2024, or move to the Enterprise plan.
- If you pay monthly, you can upgrade or remain on your current plan. On the 1st of April 2024, if you are still on the legacy Business plan, we will move you to the new Enterprise plan. To get a new quote, please get in touch with our sales team . If you pay annually, you will be moved to the Enterprise plan when your contract ends.
- When moving to the new Enterprise plan, you will benefit from additional features, including Enforceable SSO and SCIM. You can also choose from different support options to help scale your deployments.
- The Business plan will no longer exist for new customers. Its features and functionality will be available within the Enterprise plan.
You will experience little change.
- All current enterprise customers will experience no change until their contract ends. At renewal, we can provide a custom quote based on the number of app creators and app users within your account, as well as the level of support required.
I’m using the Budibase community plan, and my account has over 20 users. What is going to happen to my account and users?
Community plan accounts with over 20 users (admins, app creators, app users) on older versions (versions before the pricing update) of Budibase will continue to operate as they do today. If you upgrade to a version of Budibase released after the 28th of November 2023 and you’re on the new free plan:
- You will benefit from new features and security updates.
- You will not be able to add new users (if you’re over the 20 user limit). To add new users, you will need to upgrade to a paid plan. To upgrade, please contact our sales team or upgrade to the new Premium plan within your account portal.
- You must reduce your user levels to meet the 20 user limit or upgrade to a paid plan.
We want to continue supporting and powering your workflows, and we’re happy to discuss a path that works for both parties - please contact our sales team , and we’ll work with you to unlock a new, better Budibase experience.
How do I know what plan I am on and how many users I have?
In your Budibase portal, click Account > Usage, and locate your plan at the top of the screen. Underneath your plan name, you will find your usage stats and allocations.
What does the Enterprise plan pricing look like?
Each organization is different, with specific needs. If you’re interested in Budibase’s Enterprise plan, our team would love to talk to you. You can contact our sales team to learn more.
Why are you limiting the Free plan for self-hosted users?
Budibase will continue to be free for up to 20 users. Once a company hits the 20 user limit, we believe they’ve reached a point where they’ve experienced a level of value that justifies upgrading.
When will the new pricing go live?
The new pricing will go live on the 28th of November, 2023.